The camera has been out of sync with the computer, and so all my images for awhile were lost in the nether regions of data dumb-dumbs. I finally got it figured out, so now I can post images again- missing the setup of the armature and the first bit of clay going up. This is where it left off yesterday, and where it wound up this afternoon. Still a lot more to go, but she is humanoid.
Elizabeth asks, “What’s challenging about that?” For starters, never being able to see the model. I have been sculpting along with an online tutorial, and the artist and his sculpture is filmed, the camera is rarely shooting from the view he is working from and describing. Or it could be that the video feed is pretty spotty no matter how low a bandwidth I set to, so the sequence jumps around a lot. Plus, the sculptor takes measures from the model but never shares them, just affirms that a measure is correct or not. Other than that, lots of great superfast little mentions of anatomical structure regarding what he’s doing as he blasts along. A crazy way to make a sculpture, but I’m enjoying the challenge and the encyclopedic knowledge of the instructor.