With classes starting next week Monday, and a commission that will come back from the foundry soon, I thought I’d get as much out of the way as possible so I can flip the shop over to bronze work. I finished the mold for David’s eye Thursday, and started pulling plasters yesterday: 12 eyes from a 20# bag of plaster will have to do.
While I was waiting for the plaster to kick, I started making sculpting tools for the students. The first 40 were made from popsicle sticks, and the larger group are from big paint mixing sticks. I’d made a set from smaller paint mixing sticks along the top- they were too flimsy. These are all for the 3D Design classes, and Figure Sculpture students will make their own tools on the first day.