I’ve been heading downstairs in the morning after E leaves for work to take care of our cat, Voices, who is in kitty prison for marking around the house. I’d noticed a bit of an exhaust smell a few times, and logged it in the wtf area of my brain under Tankless Water Heater (of course, Carbon Monoxide is odorless). Yesterday morning was particularly bad, and we ran the dishwasher in the evening and had to open the basement windows so the whole-house-fan could dissipate the gasses (none of our CO sensors beeped, but whatever). After clearing the water filtration drop-valve (the only diy warranty maintenance on the tankless system), I googled for venting and found the solution. A plumber on you-tube shows exactly how bad installations lead to exhaust blowing back into the house; and how to fix it with Aluminum tape- assuming that everything else is done right. Ours is not done right, but AL tape triage (after cutting a bit more of the drywall ceiling away to reach around the tubing) is the fix it gets for now.
Redo of the last post with an image 5x denser; the sun is now red and the vaseline view is clarified.
This is ten days of painting, but who’s counting…
A little mechanical bird told me that my dangerhart.com platform will go dark as a new platform replaces it. All the information contained on each page is still viable, but I had to rebuild the website onto the new platform. The new platform is pretty keen, set to work across devices from phones to ipads to laptops. All day Wednesday was spent rebuilding the site, and the past two days have been dedicated to editing and refining. I went back into Pythagoras, Salt In Suspension, Bonneville Reliquary Bend, Bronze Pour, and edited down the About page (still needs more work), and lots of other tweaks. It is the kind of thing that eats up whole days. Take a look over at dangerhart.com. It should all look pretty familiar, but much better if you are using your phone.